FREELANCE WRITING & PHOTOGRAPHY

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Beginnings...

The last few days, I've been talking with several different friends who have all expressed frustrations in various areas of their lives, including personal relationships, work situations, and more...

On occasion, I too find myself feeling anxious and stuck. During these times, I go for a long walk on the beach or in the woods, write in my journal and create a list of "Where I Am" and "Where I Want to Be". These practices usually help to realign me and clarify what my inner voice is whispering, or shouting as the case may be. I don't always act immediately upon what I discover and uncover, but every day, I can feel myself getting stronger and more confident about moving confidently towards my authentic self. I have to work hard to balance creating time for inward reflection and enjoying my life as it is, as this is where I find joy and peace, in acknowledging the work I have done, while pondering work still ahead of me.

I also draw a lot of relief in remembering that every day provides an opportunity to make different choices, choices that will keep me where I currently am or move me in a different direction. This is self-empowerment... and is scary and exciting, overwhelming and freeing.

Today, tomorrow and the day after - we can begin again. It may not be easy, but I do believe what the poet Rumi said, "Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you love."

If we love ourselves, are gentle with ourselves and can create space to listen to the stirrings of our heart, then I think that is where our truth waits for us...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful : )