FREELANCE WRITING & PHOTOGRAPHY

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Sussex, New Brunswick to Alma, New Brunswick


Last night, I stayed at the Pine Cone Motel, owned by Juri and Terri from South Korea. This little motel was a wonderful oasis of warmth and comfort, from the inviting pale blue walls and white furniture to the generously sized bed and flower box by the front door. 





I expect to drive all day to get closer to Cape Breton, but instead, I drive about 80 kilometers and spend a day and a night in Alma, a small fishing community nestled in the heart of the Bay of Fundy and its extreme tides. While I am here, I am treated to both low and high tides during the daylight hours and I get exactly what I came to see, despite the pouring rain and biting chill.



Low tide...




Incoming tide...




Lobster...



High tide...




I treat myself to a room with an incredible view, jacuzzi bath tub and a fireplace. Ah!






Outgoing tide again...



A good bakery always wins my heart.




I love Alma and could spend a lot more time here, but the road beckons...



No comments: