FREELANCE WRITING & PHOTOGRAPHY

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

You're Worth Saving...

My friend Jenny included this horoscope in my birthday card this year. I just found it again and have tacked it to the wall in my writing room.  It's very powerful and I'm grateful for the timely reminder...

****

The current chapter of your life story may not be quite as epic as I think it is, so my advice may sound melodramatic.  Still, what I'm going to tell you is something we all need to hear from time to time.  It comes from writer Charles Bukowski:

"Nobody can save you but yourself. You will be put again and again into nearly impossible situations.  They will attempt again and again through subterfuge, guise and force to make you submit, quit and/or die quietly inside.  But don't, don't, don't.  It's a war not easily won, but if anything is worth winning, then this is it.  Nobody can save you but yourself, and you're worth saving."

Zip and I contemplate the Universe...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very heartfelt and inspiring! Thank you.