FREELANCE WRITING & PHOTOGRAPHY

Friday, November 29, 2013

Gobble, Gobble

Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours.  Last year, Taz and I were lined up on the streets of Manhattan, watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  This year, we're tucked in to our house making pancakes for friends.

Of the many blessings in my life this year, I am especially grateful for Taz's healthy eyes.  In October, his retinas detached and had double eye surgery that was followed by a cough-induced hemorrage five days after surgery.  There is some scar tissue forming which may have to be removed, but for now, his vision is about 75% back to what it was and we continue to hope for the best.  Taz's positive attitude throughout this ordeal has been inspiring to me.  

I'm also overwhelmingly grateful for our relationship and the caring, sweet, generous, kind, loving, thoughtful and fun man that Taz is.  His love knocks my socks off nearly every single day.  My life is also blessed with our "son" Zip and our "daughter" Angel, our four-legged kids who warm our hearts with their unconditional affection.

I'm also grateful for my time in New York City and the many friendships and relationships that grew their in spontaneous and organic ways.  I'm equally grateful for my tried and true friends for their friendship over the years and for their constant support and encouragement and for my family in Alberta, where I know I always have a home to return to.  

I'm also thankful for my health and my personal inner growth.  There are issues from my youth that continue to have a hold on me even all these years later as an adult, but I've been making strides in these areas and plan to continue to do so.  Perhaps this is a common part of the process of maturing. 

I'm excited and blessed to have the opportunity to write for a living and my foray in to the life of a freelance writer has been a great surprise and blessing in my life this year.  

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.  I hope that this past year is one that has filled your heart with gratitude as well.

There's much to contemplate, moving forward...

 



No comments: