FREELANCE WRITING & PHOTOGRAPHY

Friday, May 10, 2013

28 Days 2: Friends

Tonight, I invited four friends to join me to hear live music and enjoy drinks at my favorite Brooklyn spot, The Tea Lounge.  One by one, each of these people that I have fallen in love with joined me on the floppy couch and we tuck in to wonderful conversation, great music, good drinks and we feast on one another's company.  
One of my goals in coming to the city was to connect with people, and I smile, realizing that just eight months ago, all of us sitting here on the couch were strangers to one another, and now I call each one of them friend.  Each of these people has become very important to me, their life touching mine  in their own unique way and inspires me to be better tomorrow than I am today.

Whoever said that New Yorkers are difficult to get to know wasn't trying very hard.  


No comments: