FREELANCE WRITING & PHOTOGRAPHY

Saturday, April 27, 2013

41 Days - Wave Hill in The Bronx

Today, I traveled two hours by subway, city bus and park van to the far northern corner of The Bronx, the farthest north I've been in New York City.  Here, I spent the day exploring Wave Hill, 28 luscious acres of flower gardens and wooded trails, with fantastic views of the Hudson River, the Palisades across the river, and the George Washington Bridge.  The gardens and trails exploded with color and both the birds and the visitors basked in the sunlight.  Adirondack chairs dotted the horizon, placed on the numerous grassy areas, as well as beneath the shade of the large trees. To my delight, the food truck was a veggie wagon, serving delicious all-vegetarian and vegan treats, along with the best strawberry lemonade I've ever had.  

This wonderful oasis of beauty and quiet is another of New York City's peaceful gems.

www.wavehill.org 
























No comments: