FREELANCE WRITING & PHOTOGRAPHY

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Ah, Sweet Sweet Sugar

Last night, I dreamed I was walking through a forest, where the trees were made of sugar and the hills off in the distance were chocolate cupcakes with vanilla sprinkles

In an attempt to feel more energetic and to increase my overhall health, I've been watching my sugar intake.  Normally, watching it means watching myself eating it, but for the past week, I've been severely limiting my consumption of both sugar and coffee.  Once I return to Brooklyn, I'll add dairy to my list of "foods" to stay away from.

A vegetarian since I was 17, I've been lactose intolerant and allergic to eggs since I was a child.  Add these "infermities" to my childhood asthma and ensuing allergies to feathers, fur, dust, dirt, mold, and hay, and I wasn't exactly the poster child for growing up on a rural farm in northern Alberta.  But, there on the farm I was and there I digress.

Hello, my name is Christina and I'm addicted to sugar.








No comments: